Sarabeth Levine - Goddess of Bakedom

ABOUT ME

RECENT ENTRIES

AWARDS

MONTHLY ARCHIVES

WELCOME TO MY BLOG!

Sarabeth-Recipe-Book.jpeg

Some friends asked me why I am starting this blog, and the answer came to me in a flash “Because I want to teach everyone how to be a good baker!”

This blog will expound on the countless pleasures of baking.  As a restaurateur and preserving expert, there are bound to be savory and canning recipes, too. Here’s what to expect:

• I’ll be offering many wonderful recipes, from muffins to Danish, gathered from decades as a professional baker, chef, and preserves maker.
  • I’ll share discoveries made during my travels, and talk about bakeries and restaurants. I'll also tell you where to find the best ingredients to use when you cook or bake
  • This will be the place to see my schedule for my various classes and appearances.
  • If you want to know more about me, my biography is just a click away.
  • Soon, I will have videos of different baking techniques, so you can see the details in action.
  • In the pantry, you’ll see, and be able to easily purchase, my must-have kitchen tools to make your time in the kitchen even more productive.
  • Buy your favorite Sarabeth products here.

Together we’ll explore the ever-fascinating world of baking together.  For as long as I have worked in my bakery, I know that there is always something new to learn!  I hope to see you here often.

Sarabeth

Tags: Welcome

michele eisenberg  | October 15, 2010 10:02 PM

great website, looking forward to learning about new techniques and best practices in baking.

Lisa Porter  | October 18, 2010 3:11 PM

Sarabeth,
I'm so excited that you have written From My hands To Yours! I wish your book signing was here in Lexington as it would be a thrill to meet you.
I'm headed out tomorrow to stock up on goodies from Williams-Sonoma for our Thanksgiving holiday. It's a special celebration that calls for special foods and pasteries that bring family together and also bring back wonderful memories.
Your Blood Orange Marmalade is one of those specialties that my family always asks for.
I can't think of a better gift to give this holiday season than a copy of your new book along with a jar of goodness from Sarabeth's Kitchen.
Fondly,
Lisa Porter

Victoria  | October 19, 2010 9:14 PM

Congrats again on the new book and the new blog, Sarabeth! It was a pleasure meeting you this evening at your book signing. I look forward to being "blogging buddies" and I'm sure I will be seeing you around Chelsea Market one of these days :)

Janelle Marcuccilli  | October 26, 2010 10:25 AM

I saw you on TV on Monday, October 24, 2010 and became intrigued with you and your knowledge. I look forward to learning from you. I am a quality cook and cook from scratch. I also bake and use the best ingredients.

I am also new to Blogs, so I hope that I do things correctly when posting or reading the postings.

Linda  | October 28, 2010 9:08 AM

Thank you for finally writing this book. I have been waiting for years for it! And I have given it as a shower gift already.

Ilene Sotnick  | November 1, 2010 9:10 PM

It was truly a pleasure to meet you today! Your cookbook is a work of art!

Christel Jensen  | November 2, 2010 10:18 AM

Hello
I got your book today and it is so lovely. The recipes looks just great and I cant wait to try them. I also got a lot of inspirations from the photos as I am a miniature dollhouse food maker. I love to bake both small and large life;) I hope to visit your bakery one day. I live far far away-Norway!
Thanks and congratulations with a beautiful book:)

Marsha B.  | November 10, 2010 8:57 AM

Congratulations on your cookbook.
It looks lovely and I can't wait to get one.
Continued success and good health.

barbara litvin  | November 15, 2010 9:59 AM

Your book is great and of course you know that my friends are turning into pastry chefs and baking new recipes from the book everyday, Lucky me. Sometimes I get samples. It is a beautiful book, fitting for a beautiful person like you.
Love,
Barb

Sarabeth replied to comment from Lisa Porter  | November 17, 2010 8:35 AM

Thank you so much for loving the book and the delicious marmalade. Please check out my recent post and maybe you will want to add the Velvety Cream of Tomato Soup to you Thanksgiving menu. Happy Holidays

Christine Friesner  | November 23, 2010 9:59 PM

Ohhhhh...I can already tell, I'm going to loooove this blog!

Anne-Marie  | November 25, 2010 11:59 AM

Hi Sarabeth! I just took a rustic apple pie with streusel out of the oven. It looks and smells so beautiful. Thank you for starting the blog and sharing your knowledge! I got so excited about what I found on your blog that I bought your book. Happy Thanksgiving!

Sarabeth replied to comment from Anne-Marie  | November 25, 2010 10:38 PM

Anne-Marie, I am so thrilled that your Rustic Apple Streusel Pie was such a success. It was music to my ears. The best part is that you now have the book. It is filled with a great deal of information that will be very helpful to your baking. Read the Lesson that begins each chapter carefully before you attempt the recipes. Looking forward to hearing from you again.

Tony Cassino  | December 9, 2010 2:16 PM

Sarabeth, I just wanted to say my wife and I enjoyed meeting you at the Horace Mann book fair (Laura sat next to you). We have known of your restaurants and products but you and your husband were also a delight to talk to. I am hoping my wife tries out one of the recipes from your book this holiday season and we hope to make it to your restaurant on the upper west side soon (will send along my thoughts!). And as I said to you, why don't you have a cooking show -- it would be so enjoyable!

Artemis  | December 12, 2010 3:05 PM

Hello from South Africa Sarabeth. In the last year I attended Prue Leiths chef school here in South Africa, and came to love pastry. I was on my way to dinner last night and came across your book in a bookstore next to the restaurant. I didn't have money for your book and dinner, so I bought your book. I spent a rainy day in bed devouring every inch of it, and I can only thank you for taking the time to explain everything in the minutest detail. Now I'm greedy for a TV programme demonstrating the book recipes.Soon I'll be opening my own bakery and before I do, I'll be visiting you in NY if that's okay with you. I love your art, thanks for generously sharing your gifts and talents. Love you madly

Sarabeth replied to comment from Artemis  | December 12, 2010 6:50 PM

Hard to believe that you were able to buy the book in South Africa. Wow! Definitely come visit when you come to New York. Happy Baking.

Constance  | February 24, 2011 7:40 AM

I just came across your blog and have read every single post!! My sister got me your cookbook for christmas and I have to say that I simply LOVE it!! The first thing I made were your croissants, the almond croissants and the pain au chocolat! They were to die for. I then made your rustic apple pie, followed by the chocolate bundt, the maple muffins and just a couple of days ago your creamy rice pudding! Everything came out beautifully every single time. I can not tell you how often I read your book. I have read it cover to cover several times. Even reading the recipes while I'm lying in bed. Thank you so much for sharing your recipes with us, It's a real treat. I live in Munich, Germany and everytime someone asks me which cookbook to buy I tell them to buy yours! Have a wonderful day.

Sarabeth replied to comment from Constance  | February 24, 2011 9:25 AM

I am thrilled you love the book, and over the moon that you have been making croissants. The first chapter is my all time favorite. Do try making the Brioche! Please do send any questions or suggestions that you may have so that I can share them with my readers. If you discover any tricks or recipes along the way, please tell me about them. I always like to learn new things.
Happy baking.

Constance  | February 24, 2011 9:57 AM

Oh I most certainly will! My grandfather (yes he's still alive since I'm only 19) just gave me his mothers old cookbook which go back to the 1930ies! I also have my family"s "Nuss-Zopff which I know you would love. Its somewhat of a brioche/challah style dough that is braided and has an amazing nut filling and a simple glaze. Do let me know if you would like me to share it with you, its been in my family for at least 4 generations!

janice  | September 14, 2011 4:43 PM

Dear Sara,
I love your cookbook. Can you please tell me is the 1 cup of flour measurement for the carrot cake on page 133 correct? Should it be 2 cups? The kids LOVED the apple bread!! Many thanks- Janice

Sarabeth replied to comment from janice  | September 20, 2011 7:27 AM

The carrot cake recipe is correct. There is very little flour. The batter will be loose. Do not worry. It will come out perfect.

Comment Preview   (Will auto generate as you type your comment)

SARABETH’S BOOK